Monday, December 15, 2008

The Dell Body Count...

If Dell is listening...

As I have mentioned in my blog, I am an early adopter. MANY people talk to me and ask me for technical advice.

So...
Here begins the Dell Body Count.
I will create a new entry from time to time that lists
How Many People I Have Convinced to NOT BUY A Dell Computer.
If you are reading this blog, and have also decided not to buy a Dell, please let me know in the comments for one of these "Body Count" entries on my blog. I will add you to the total count. Thanks.

To Date:
Five of my Co-Workers will not be buying any Dell Computer, because of my experiences. One ended up buying an MSI Wind.
Two of my personal acquaintances (non-work) have decided to go HP for their holiday Laptop purchases.
Three online friends have also chosen to go with other manufacturers for their netbook purchases.



Current Dell Body Count:
10




What could this mean to Dell?
Based on how I was personally treated by the Dell company, ten potential customers have now decided to buy from other manufacturers.

If they were planning on buying the same configuration of the Mini I purchased, this could mean:

$530 * 10 = $5300 in lost sales

If they intended to buy a full desktop or a standard sized Laptop, this could mean:

$1400 * 10 = $14000 in lost sales

No comments:

Post a Comment