Thursday, October 16, 2008

Does Dell actually fix laptops when they are sent in for repair?

Ok. This is pretty sad. I received my Dell Mini 9 back from the repair division of DELL (in Texas somewhere), and they did not do ANYTHING with the laptop. The machine still boots with the same error and is not working.

Was nice to have the little letter in the box that says that it was quality checked before shipping. WTF?

My guess is they were busy in the shop, or didn't feel like working today, so they just put a new label on the box and shipped it back to me. Thanks for nothing guys.

I go ahead and call Dell Technical support AGAIN, to try to resolve the original problem. I tell them that it's the same non-working Mini laptop, but they still want me to try some troubleshooting. I humor them for the 1 hour phone call, but my patience is wearing quite thin.

Finally, the tech on the other end of the line realizes. "Hey... this laptop wasn't repaired." Thanks... can I have my hour of life back!

So, here goes round two of the saga of the Dell Mini 9 that no longer want's to boot.

Operating System Not found

Dell's tech support -- Brains not found

No comments:

Post a Comment