Monday, October 27, 2008

The Dell Repair Division does not exist!

Woohoo! I got my Dell Mini 9 back today, and guess what! It's not working. Yep. Still the EXACT SAME ERROR MESSAGE as the first time.

I have come to the determination that Dell does not have any sort of repair offices in Texas. It is an old toothless grandpa that works out of his west Texas house, signing for DELL packages, and then just returning the packages to their origin.

This is just plain ridiculous. How can I return a machine for repair TWICE and have NOTHING done about the real problem. It does not boot windows. If you replace the drive, put WINDOWS on it and make sure it boots. Pretty simple right!

So, now I call DELL Technical support AGAIN to tell them of my frustration. I have now been mailing my laptop in for repair for more time than I actually HAD the laptop up and running. At this point, I think the DELL Inspiron Mini 9 is the worst product I could have ever thought of buying.

If it works, you are safe, but the first time you have to have it repaired, you are screwed! (Just my experience only, but I would at least warn you to do your research!)

So, they want me to try some things to troubleshoot. NO!
They want to send me another box to return the Dell Mini for repair. NO! (I already have two boxes!)

I tell them specifically: "You will send me a brand new Dell Inspiron Mini 9 that MATCHES my original laptop, exactly! Once I receive a working Mini 9, I will return this non-working one."

Amazingly they agree.
I now have an order in place for the replacement machine. It is due to Ship on 11/3 or 11/4 overnight. About Frickin' Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment