Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In the Beginning... Dell Made a new Mini Laptop

The laptop was sleek and small. Less than 2 pounds, and available in black or (for a little extra) in white. Just what I need... and ultra-portable computer.

I have never purchased a Dell computer before, but I had heard good things, so I took the plunge!

I skated through the Dell.com website to customize my new Dell Mini 9, on September 10, 2008. The site estimated that I would receive my newly designed Dell Mini around September 25th. The clock began to tick away as I eagerly awaited my new ultra portable computer.

Here were the specs:
- Inspiron 910 Intel Atom processor N270, 1.6GHz, 533Mhz512K L2 Cache
- Alpine White Color with Gloss Finish
- 1GB,DDR2,533MHZ,1 DIMM
- 8.9 inch Wide Screen WSVGA TLLCD
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
- 16GB Solid State Drive (mini-card Module/PATA)
- Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
- Wireless 802.11g Mini Card
- Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
- Bluetooth 2.1 module via USB I/F (Option)

All for under $580 with shipping and tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment